National Give Something Away Day is a holiday that celebrates the joy of giving. This fun holiday is observed every year on July 15th. It’s a day when you can give back to your community by donating your time, talents, or resources.
The origins of National Give Something Away Day is unknown, but it is thought to have originated in the United States. This holiday is a great way to celebrate the giving spirit and to show your appreciation for the things you have. There are many ways to celebrate National Give Something Away Day, here are a few suggestions:
- Donate your time. Time is the most valuable gift you could give anyone because it’s something you could never get back. There are many organizations that need help, and volunteers are always needed. Contact your local charity or find an organization that needs help.
- Give away gifts to friends and family. It can be something as simple as a nice written card or something special they would appreciate. Small gifts of appreciation are the perfect way to re-connect with friends and family.
- Donate items: You can also donate items to your community, a local charity, or an organization. While the main idea is to gift something to the less fortunate, donating used items also helps the environment by reducing pollution and waste.
- Host a party or event that encourages giving. You can also take this opportunity to raise money for a local charity or organization. Hosting fundraiser events also helps spread awareness for the cause you’re supporting.
- Share your skill and knowledge with someone in need. Knowledge is wealth. You would never know how much that skill could help make their lives better or easier in the long run.
How to enter to win a $50 Amazon gift card?
To join in the joy of giving, Copper & Brass Sales will give away six $50 Amazon gift cards. The process to enter to win is simple. Between Friday, July 15, 2022 and Friday, July 22, 2022, interact with us in one of the following ways:
- Like or follow us on LinkedIn or Twitter
- Comment on or reply to our #GiveSomethingAway post or poll with the things you would gift
Other things to note:
- No employees or their family members allowed from the thyssenkrupp are allowed to win, though they can like, follow, comment, or reply
- If you win, we’ll let you know within seven (7) days
We hope our act of giving and generosity would create a ripple effect and encourage you to give back to the community.
Sweepstakes Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who are 18 years of age as of the date of entry. The sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of North America and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of thyssenkrupp Materials North America (the “Sponsor”), their parent company, associated divisions, respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of thyssenkrupp Materials North America, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting at 8:00 am EST on July 15, 2022 and ending at 10:00 pm EST on July 22, 2022.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by individuals who publicly comment / vote by sharing their gifting ideas on posts authored by thyssenkrupp Materials North America that use the hashtag #GiveSomethingAway on LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/thyssenkrupp-cbs/) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/tkmaterials_na) as well as in public reply to @tkmaterials_na on Twitter. Entrants must like or follow the originating social media handle. The entry must fulfill all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of thyssenkrupp Materials North America. Only one entry is allowed per individual and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple social media handles, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of thyssenkrupp Materials North America. Individuals may comment as much as they like however only one entry will be counted.
- Prizes: There will be six winners. Each winner will receive a gift card to Amazon valued at $50. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for thyssenkrupp Materials North America to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor. Winners will be notified within seven (7) days via public @, comment, or direct message and will be asked to supply contact information so that they may be sent their prize. thyssenkrupp Materials North America shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winners’ spam, junk e-mail, ability to check or respond to messages, or other security settings or for winners’ provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this contest you understand that thyssenkrupp Materials North America, anyone acting on behalf of thyssenkrupp Materials North America, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: thyssenkrupp Materials North America reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, thyssenkrupp Materials North America may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by thyssenkrupp Materials North America. thyssenkrupp Materials North America reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. thyssenkrupp Materials North America has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses or handles; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, thyssenkrupp Materials North America reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. By entering the Sweepstakes you agree to receive email newsletters periodically from thyssenkrupp Materials North America. You can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link in the newsletter.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless thyssenkrupp Materials North America and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries. This promotion isn’t sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with LinkedIn, Twitter, Amazon or any other social media used throughout the contest.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND MICHIGAN, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in MICHIGAN having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is thyssenkrupp Materials North America at 22355 W Eleven Mile Rd, Southfield, MI 48033, USA. If you need to contact the Sponsor for any reason, you may reach out to Isabel Liu via the website contact form: https://tkcopperandbrass.com/contact/
Leave a Reply